Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 2: Leftover Creations

We woke up to snow this morning. The kids were so excited that the 2 year old had her boots, jacket, hat and mittens on and was out in the snow just after 6am. Her brothers joined her shortly after.



In between "fix my glove" "my hands are cold" and "my neck is wet" I managed to make their lunch and breakfast. Breakfast was Oatmeal* with peaches*.  For the main lunch entree I took leftover chicken and quinoa from dinner last night and added some peas and carrots as well as some shredded veggies (that I had leftover from making the pancakes last night) and sauteed it all together with some Bragg's Amino Acids. If you've never had Bragg's, it is a lot like soy sauce but 1/3 the sodium and has the added benefit of amino acids. The kids love it and even put it on their popcorn. 

Fried Quinoa w/ veggies and chicken*, edamame*, whole wheat zucchini muffins*, walnuts, apples and a date*

Dinner tonight will be refried beans in the crock pot and veggie quesadillas on homemade tortillas. I've never made tortillas so wish me luck!

*organic (I got tired of typing it each time!)

6 comments:

  1. omgosh! where do you live? i can't believe you got all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm outside of Denver, although not up in the mountains. It's still snowing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the snow pics. I could use some snow right now. It has been a little too warm for this time of year in Arkansas. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to more photos and Bento ideas. I'm new and could use all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moody Mom, maybe we could switch places...I hate snow. LOL I'm a CA transplant and, even though this is my 16th winter here, I'm still not a huge fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Journal Mommy Yenny....thanks for stopping by! I had fun looking through your blog this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete