Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hmm? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over all the face-stuffing.

Dinner was pretty darn tasty and it will go in the "make again" file for sure. I thought I'd stick with recipes for the beginning of the challenge even though I often go without. First up was a chicken in the crockpot. Seeing as this 4.5lb bird was more expensive than my diet coke habit from McD's I was a little nervous about flubbing it. Need not have worried. The recipe couldn't have been easier and the meat was fall off the bone tender. I even have enough left over for some fried rice for tomorrow's lunch and for some homemade chicken noodle soup later this week. Along with the Chicken (organic) we had Vegetable Pancakes (organic) . I would probably call them a fritter but, whatever they are called, they were g.o.o.d!  I ran out of time for the brown rice so I made up some quinoa (organic) in some chicken broth (organic).

The recipes are from 100 Days Of Real Food

Crockpot Whole Chicken

Vegetable Pancakes

I wish I had a photo for you but it was crazy before dinner and then all the veggie pancakes got eaten!

P.S. I've given up the McD's Diet Coke habit as of today. Be nice to me or you might inadvertently get hurt.

1 comment: