Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gluten Free and/or Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread Muffins

I didn't want to be left out of the muffins today so I made a batch of gluten free muffins and a batch of whole wheat ones for the kids. The recipe I got from 100 Days Of Real Food and I just made a minor adjustment.

Ingredients:
3 Cups Whole Wheat flour (for GF I used Bob's Redmill all purpose baking mix)
1 TBL cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup oil (she used coconut, I used canola)
3/4 cup honey (I ran out so for the WW ones I used half honey and half maple syrup and for the GF ones I used all maple syrup)
1 tsp vanilla
3 Cups grated zucchini
1 Cup chopped nuts (optional...I left these out since my kids aren't huge fans)

Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees  for small loaf pans or 325 degrees for large loaf pan or muffins.
2. Blend dry ingredients.
3. Make a hole in the center and pour in the eggs, oil, honey and vanilla. Stir just until mixed- do not overmix.
4. Fold in the grated zucchini and chopped nuts if using. Pour batter into greased loaf pan(s) or muffin holders and bake until a toothpick comes clean in the top/center of the loaf or muffin.

*If using smaller pans bake for 30-40 minutes.
*For one larger loaf pan bake for 50-60 minutes.
*For muffins bake for 15-20 minutes.

1 comment: