Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Snips and Snails

Yesterday my oldest, Alex (7), decided that he didn't like what was on the menu for that evening. Apparently, pancakes and eggs were not to his liking. So he decided to share his commentary in a place that was sure to be noticed.




Needless to say, I stuck with the original plan for dinner.


I'm hoping he's a little more pleased with today's lunch, to say the least. 

Snails, watermelon balls, mini pepperoni, pizza sauce for dipping the snails, red ants on a log, mini chocolate chips.

The snails are made with Pilsbury breadstick dough. Just pull them apart (after that dreaded POP!) and roll up one end and tuck the other end under for the head. Brush with melted butter and bake according to the package. Things not to do: turn your back on your puppy so he eats 1 or 2 of them off the stove, get sidetracked making your husband's lunch and overcook the snails.



Snips and snails and puppy dog tails; that's what little boys are made of!


It is Wednesday so pop on over to see Shannon!!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I knew you'd make them. I love your lunches but I am so glad James likes the same thing over and over and over again. I'd have to get up earlier. LOL. OH, I was curious as to what the original dinner was.. make you should make meatball soup and call it just that in honor of Alex's dinner wishes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie thought the same thing, make meatballs and put them in chicken broth. Hahaha, I might just have to do that to see his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that is hilarious and cute :) love the snails and the story.

    ReplyDelete