Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Best Laid Plans


I had this great plan to make these fabulous Mac-N-Cheese muffins for the kids lunches. I even got up early to do it (seeing as I passed out last night before cooking the pasta as I'd planned).  You know, sometimes things just don't work out. This was certainly one of those times. Well, I think it was. I wasn't thrilled with how the 'muffins' turned out but Noah really liked them and Alex found them ok; although he would have preferred them without the ham. Now, that was this morning after I pulled them out of the oven so I have no idea how they faired come lunchtime. Just to be safe, I made some PB&J flowers and then added a hard boiled egg, brocoli (w/ ranch to dip in the covered container), fresh peaches and craisins and some fruit 'nuggets' for a treat. It was a fairly diverse lunch so I felt ok sending the questionable muffins as I figured they'd get enough to eat otherwise.  That's about as exciting as it gets today, folks. Some days you just have to go with the flow, or the funky mac-n-cheese muffins as the case may be.


2 comments:

  1. still super cute! :-) when you make those fun shaped sandwiches .. what do you do with all the excess bread?

    Sandra :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I cut up the extra into 'finger food' sized and save them for Zoe or for snacks. If it's just plain bread then I'll save it for bread crumbs or something like that.

    ReplyDelete