Monday, September 19, 2011

Watch Out... Them Some Angry Birds

Yeah, I know the title is grammatically incorrect, so sue me, okay?

The boys LOVE Angry Birds and have gotten to levels I can only hope (or not) to reach some day. In honor of their accomplishments, I put together an Angry Bird themed lunch today.

Ham sandwich on whole wheat bagel, Asian pear & blueberries, carrots, Angry Bird babybell, graham crackers, Pig cucumber, and mini chocolate chips.


The bird is made out of babybel cheese with the red wax cut away, hard boiled egg whites for the eyes, carrot for the nose, nori for all the eyebrows and pupils and a little cream cheese to hold it all together. The pig is made from cucumber with egg white for eyes and nori for the pupils and nostrils.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you do chocolate chips as a dessert - we do that ALL the time. I know few people who buy the bags of baking chips as often as we do, but it sure hits the spot, when you just need a little bite of something chocolate, w/o all the extra junk in cookies. ;-)

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love you Kim.
    Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the angry bird lunch! It's been on my list of things to do for a couple weeks now! Yours came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim you are awesome! My kids would die for an Angry Birds lunch! I don't think they'd eat it though, just show it off to their friends!

    ReplyDelete